2. Debunking Finance Myths

“If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” Edmund Burke

Whether we were raised poor or rich, we all believe in a few foolish financial myths. There are lots of bad ideas that people have regarding wealth, but this guide will only focus on the four that will get in your way:

1. Becoming wealthy is hard

This one might be true if you didn't have this guide. But since you do, recognize that becoming wealthy is no more a hard task than it is to get in the best shape of your life.

All it takes is a couple of good choices and a willingness to keep at it.

2. The rich inherited their money

Only 20% of millionaires inherited their wealth [1]. The other 80% are first-generation millionaires who earned their cash on their own.

That 80% will one day include you if you follow this guide.

3. Millionaires have huge salaries

While it can be a good route to work towards a high paying job, recognize that 8 out of 10 millionaires are self-employed [1]. Or as the team likes to call them, they are pre-unemployed.

For the purpose of this guide, you only need to invest as much as you can afford to. It is more important to enjoy life than it is to be rich [no research needed].

4. Wanting more money is bad

Wanting more money for yourself, for your family, or for your community is greedy — but it is a good kind of greed [1]. It is perfectly natural to want more out of life than you currently have [1, 2].

To those that become multi-millionaires following this guide: You should use your new-found wealth to help others as much as this guide helps you.

All of these financial myths boil down to one key idea: Your financial future mostly depends on the choices you make today. Be sure to make the right ones.

Figure out your why

The first thing you need to do before you get started on the guide is to understand why you want to become a millionaire in the first place. Although this guide will make your progress towards riches automatic, the journey there will be bumpy.

If you do not want to be rich as much as you want to breathe, it's unlikely for you to reach your final destination. Right now, as you're reading this, figure out the "why" behind your desire to become a millionaire.

Your "why" reason will keep you on the course during the rough patches of your life and reorient you when you lose sight of your goal. Thankfully, you don't have to worry about the "how"—we've got you covered there.

The cheat sheet

You might notice while going through the guide that it becomes a little wordy. This is on purpose so that every little detail—from which tools you're going to use to which investment accounts to open—is covered.

With that in mind, you can get the "cheat sheet" for this guide (and all other guides) by signing up below:

Since we despise sending emails, you'll only get notified every 3 to 4 months when the guides are updated and/or published. Specifically, the updates for this guide will include improved methods of saving more money, better investment strategies, and more. Alright, enough time wasted. Time to dive into the research!